Indoor Sub-Committee Meeting
- There will be 2 mens competitions per day, an 8-a-side and a 5-a-side. Both competitions will run in the same format.
- Instead of previous years where Senior, Division 2 and Novice were run off as 3 seperate competitions, this year all teams will pull in the same competition.
- After the round robin, the top 4 teams will progress to the Senior semi finals. The next 4 teams will go into the division 2 semi finals.
- If there are more than 10 teams then the teams will be split into groups that are seeded to avoid all the senior clubs ending up together.
- To make it easier for novice clubs to pull on the same rope as the senior teams it is proposed to give them a weight advantage for this season that will be reviewed at next years meeting.
These are only proposals and no decisions will be made until the meeting. Anyone who wants to discuss them before the meeting can call Martin Hogan on 087 7649017. The aim is to make competition days easier on teams, especially as they often have to travel long distances. It is also trying to make the most competition from the teams that are available especially for days like the 600kg national in Clonmany last year where only 2 teams took part in both the Division 2 and Novice competition.