- Trials will take place on Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th July at the Rockies training ground, Kingscourt, Co Cavan.
- All interested parties need to contact Gerry Ferguson, team manager, for a time slot. Gerry can be contacted on 087 249 6915.
- Attendance is mandatory for anyone wishing to be considered for selection on the national teams for the upcoming European Championships in Belfast
The men’s 5/6 a-side competition fixtures and the championship chief judge details have been added to the Fixtures page.
Each 5/6 a side weight is a standalone event with gold and silver medals only. No puller competing in the 8 a-side event may compete in the 5/6 a-side event on the same day as the 8 a-side and 5/6 a-side events will commence at the same time.
Weight advantage for 8-a-side Senior/Div 2 championship
A division 2 club that has won less then 2 national Div 2 championships has a weight advantage of 25kgs. A division 2 club with 2 or more national Div 2 championships won, has no weight advantage in any weight.
Saturday night weigh-in’s must be booked at least 7 days in advance with the judge in charge.
Where there are two events listed for the same group, events will be pulled in order listed, for example the ladies 405kg league will take place before the ladies 435kg league.
All queries on the national championships should go through the secretary.
The association is looking for a person or ideally persons to fill the vacant PRO role. Responsibilities would include;
- Emailing national championship results to newspapers such as the Irish Independent and Irish Examiner on a Sunday evening in time for Monday morning.
- Working to win further publicity for the sport in the national and local media, newspapers, TV & radio.
- Assisting the website administrator with keeping the website up-to-date.
Enthusiastic candidates with a love for the sport will have many more ideas on how to promote the sport.
To get a feel for PRO work and a flavour of the media contacts which have already been established please take a look through PRO reports from previous years;
Anyone interested in helping the association to promote the sport please contact the Secretary.